To partner with community stakeholders to support stability and foster economic vitality throughout Shelby County.
To be a champion for Shelby County as the premier place to live and do business.
Core Values and Belief
We base our values on the belief that…
- Serving our investors´ needs is the primary reason for the existence of the Chamber.
- Volunteers are a key resource through which we accomplish our objectives.
- Trust, open communication, integrity, personal accountability and initiative are critical to our organization’s success.
- The free market economy is the primary means to achieve a prosperous and well-balanced community.
- Governments and publicly funded entities must be accountable, responsible, effective and efficient.
- Business has an obligation to act in an environmentally responsible manner and to support necessary social, cultural, health and educational systems.
We put our values & beliefs into action by working on…
- Fostering and supporting private enterprise, economic vitality and stability.
- Providing a forum for idea exchange.
- Advocating for business with government.
- Developing and increasing the investor base.
- Financial responsibility.
- Creating a climate conducive to developing individual volunteers through participation and interaction.
- Communicating effectively with members and solicit their opinions and feedback.
- Providing challenging and stimulating employment that is productive and personally rewarding for staff.
- Creating an enthusiastic working partnership between staff and investors/ volunteers built on trust and mutual respect.